COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- The Annual High Country Toy Run, a police-escorted motorcycle ride, will cause temporary road closures Sunday in Colorado Springs.
According to the City of Colorado Springs, the High Country Toy Run is hosted by The Pikes Peak Bikers Church and benefits children in El Paso, Teller, and Elbert counties, the United States Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots, and Vets4Vets.
The event begins Sunday, Oct. 2 at 11:30 a.m. at the Pikes Peak Harley Davidson on North Nevada Avenue and ends at Cowboys on North Tejon Street.
The following closures will be implemented for the event:
From 11:30 a.m. – noon on Sunday,
- A rolling closure will be in place from Pikes Peak Harley Davidson to Cowboys on N. Tejon St.
- N. Nevada Avenue to I-25 South
- I-25 South to Bijou Street
- Bijou Street to Kiowa Street
- Kiowa Street to Cascade Avenue
- Cascade Avenue to Pikes Peak Avenue
- Pikes Peak Avenue to Cowboys