PUEBLO, Colo. (KRDO) -- A Kindness A Day (AKAD), is a local organization in Pueblo with the goal of promoting kindness through acts of kindness, quotes, and songs.
The organization is currently looking for youth ambassadors for kindness clubs at each Pueblo middle and high school. Youth ambassadors will lead activities around their school/community.
"Kindness is contagious, One person doing an act of kindness creates a domino effect that causes the next person to do an act of kindness," said founder, Devin Klock.
A youth ambassador's duties include:
• Performing acts of kindness & encouraging others to complete acts of kindness
• Going to school-level group meetings and promoting kindness around their school
• Club sponsors and elected leaders (P. & V.P.) in each group will go to quarterly AKAD head meetings
• Going to events with AKAD, promoting being an ambassador, etc.
Requirements to become a Youth Ambassador are:
• Be in 6-12 Grade
• Have a passion for spreading kindness
• Willingness to help with projects and presentations
• Filling out the required application
Applications to be a youth ambassador are due Friday, September 9. A Kindness A Day will present to the school boards to encourage these programs in the schools and to show the support from students and teachers that would like to become ambassadors. The organization is also looking for teachers, coaches, parents, and administrators to become club sponsors for each club at each school.
For more information, or to apply, visit https://www.akindnessaday.org/ambassadors/.