“I Voted” digital sticker design contest announced by Colorado Secretary of State
COLORADO. (KRDO) -- Colorado Secretary of State, Jenna Griswold, announced the opening of a digital sticker contest for a new "I Voted" digital sticker.
“Allowing the next generation of voters to creatively participate in our elections is such a fun way to encourage engagement in our democracy. Colorado voters have always worn their ‘I Voted’ stickers with pride, and now they’ll be able to do that digitally after casting their mail ballot,” said Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold. “I can’t wait to see the submissions we get from high schoolers around the state!”
All submissions must be submitted by September 2, 2022. The contest is open to any Colorado high school or Colorado homeschool student aged 13-18.
According to the Secretary of State, the new sticker design will be sent to voters via BallotTrax once they have voted in the upcoming General Election. It will also be featured on the Secretary of State’s website, media channels, press releases, in media coverage, and as part of the digital effort to encourage people to vote across the state.
The winner will also be recognized on the Colorado Secretary of State’s social media channels, and Secretary Griswold will present the award during an assembly at the artist’s school.
The rules include:
- All artwork submitted must be your original work; no stock or borrowed images may be used
- Artwork that has offensive language, violence, drugs, gangs, weaponry, etc. will not be considered
- Entries must include the words “I Voted”
- Artwork must be nonpartisan
- Entries may be created on paper or digitally
- Paper entries must be either scanned or photographed clearly for submission
- Digital & Paper files must be under 1GB, and must be a .pdf, .png, .jpg, or jpeg
- If the winner submitted artwork created on paper, the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office will provide a pre-paid envelope for the artwork to be mailed for image processing for the digital image. The artwork will be returned to the artist after processing.
- Entries will be used for social media and other marketing materials for the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office
The full rules can be found here and a submission form can be found here.
The Secretary of State says that winners will be determined by popular vote by staff in the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office.