Skip to Content

One person was injured after a fire at the Fairway View Apartments


COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- Around 6 a.m. on July 28, the Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) responded to a fire near Valley Hi.

CSFD says that crews were able to contain the fire quickly but, two people were displaced.

One person was transported to the hospital for minor injuries.

CSFD found the fire caused by the charging of lithium-ion batteries on E-bikes.

Use caution when charging batteries in the home says CSFD. Do not leave batteries on the charger after they have a full charge.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

Emily Arseneau

Emily is the Digital Content Director for KRDO NewsChannel 13 Learn more about her here.


KRDO NewsChannel 13 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content