EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- This August, many families in El Paso County will be in need of resources for the upcoming school year. The Backpack Bash is a citywide effort to provide school supplies to 15,000 students.
With seven different Bash locations across Colorado Springs, the annual program can reach students and families no matter where they live. Organizers are asking for your help to make Backpack Bash 2021 a success.
This year, there will be two weekends families can grab a bag. Students can receive bags on:
Saturday, July 31 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at all locations:
- Southeast: Sierra High School at 2250 Jet Wing Dr., both walk-up and drive-thru
- East: Mountain Springs Church at 7345 Adventure Way, walk-up only
- Widefield: Pikes Peak Christian Church at 4955 Bradley Rd., drive-thru only
Saturday, August 7 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at all locations:
- Central: Doherty High School at 4515 Barnes Rd., both walk-up and drive-thru
- Monument: Tri-Lakes YMCA at 17250 Jackson Creek Pkwy, walk-up only
- West: Coronado High School at 1590 W Fillmore St., both walk-up and drive-thru
- Downtown: Hillside Community Center at 925 S Institute St., walk-up only
Below are the requirements to receive a bag:
- Children must be present to receive a backpack
- Attend the Backpack Bash closest to you out of the seven locations
- Go between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to receive a backpack
- Students can only attend one Backpack Bash event
- Please do not arrive earlier than 9 a.m. in an attempt to avoid traffic backups
- Some locations will be drive-thru only, some will be walk-up only and some will be a hybrid of both. Regardless, people are asked to wear masks
For more information on the Backpack Bash, click here.