Colorado Springs, COLO. (KRDO) - The annual Colorado Springs Women's March will be taking place this Saturday in downtown Colorado Springs.
This year, event organizers changed the name to Womxn's March to include non-binary and trans people.
This year's march comes a week after the national events because organizers say they didn't want to conflict with any Martin Luther King Jr. Day observances.
The event will start with a keynote speaker at 2 p.m. at the City Auditorium on Kiowa St. followed by a march through downtown.
The following roads will have a rolling closure provided by the Colorado Springs Police Department during the event:
- Westbound Kiowa St., between Weber St. and Nevada Ave.
- Northbound Nevada Ave., between Kiowa St. and Platte Ave.
- Westbound Platte Ave., between Nevada Ave. and Tejon St.
- Southbound Tejon St., between Platte Ave. and Kiowa St.
- Eastbound Kiowa St., between Tejon St. and Weber St.
The Mountain Metropolitan Transit's downtown bus terminal will not be accessible from 1-4 p.m. on Saturday due to the march.
Southbound Weber north of Kiowa St. will be the staging area for all downtown bus pullouts during that time. Expect delays.
Bus stop #2349 at Wahsatch Ave. and Kiowa St. will not be serviced during the march.
For a live traffic map click here.