Skip to Content

Man held decades for rape he denies walks free

A man imprisoned for 28 years for a rape he denies committing says being released from custody is the “moment of my life.”

Clarence Moses-EL walked out of Denver jail on Tuesday arm-and-arm with his wife. Supporters and family members cheered him as he stepped outside. He had just hugged three of his 12 grandchildren whom he had met for the first time.

Moses-El told reporters he was at a loss for words. “I just want to get home with my family,” he said.

A judge last week overturned Moses-EL’s 1988 rape conviction after another man said he had sex with the victim in the case.

Prosecutors haven’t decided whether to charge Moses-EL again.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

KRDO News

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KRDO NewsChannel 13 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.