Skip to Content

Police Arrest Tremont Shooting Suspect

Police have arrested Roy Saldivar, the homicide suspect in the Tremont shooting last month.

They took him into custody at an apartment complex at N. Nevada Ave. and E. Boulder St. at 2:17 p.m. Wednesday.

Palmer High School was put on lockdown Wednesday for less than 30 minutes while police tracked down Saldivar.

The shooting happened on September 22 near the Hyde Park Apartments. Neighbors told KRDO NEWSCHANNEL 13 that they heard several shots.

Police Sgt. David Edmondson said when officers arrived, medics declared Oscar “James” Frias deceased from a single gunshot wound to the head.

SWAT units secured the perimeter of Sand Creek High School on Tuesday while they searched for Saldivar, but they didn’t find him.

Saldivar had been on the run since the shooting.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

KRDO News

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KRDO NewsChannel 13 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.