Colorado Springs Police: multiple people arrested, accused of sex trafficking 15-year-old girl
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- Five people were taken into custody and now face multiple charges after police began investigating sex trafficking claims.
In February, the Colorado Springs Police Department's (CSPD) Metro Vice unit received a tip that a 15-year-old girl was possibly being sex trafficked.
Through multiple investigations, CSPD discovered multiple individuals were trafficking the victim. Thursday, police confirmed the five suspects were taken into custody and charged with multiple felonies.
Below is a list of the suspects:
- Joshua Carrasco, 30, charged with Sexual Assault (Class 1 Misdemeanor) and Possession of a Weapon by a Previous Offender (Class 5 Felony)
- Amanda Cortez, 45, charged with Unlawful Distribution to a Minor (Class 1 Drug Felony) and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (Class 4 Felony)
- Adam Quintana, 19, charged with Assault in the First Degree (Class 3 Felony)
- Krishawna Coles, 32, charged with Human Trafficking for Sexual Servitude of a Minor (Class 2 Felony), Sexual Assault on a child (Class 4 Felony), multiple counts of Sexual Exploitation of a Child (Class 3 Felony)
- Levi Chester, 43, charged with Attempted Patronizing a Prostituted Child (Class 4 Felony), Sexual Exploitation of a Child (Class 5 Felony), and Soliciting for Prostitution.
Police released mugshots of all of the suspects except for Amanda Cortez.