Former Manitou Springs High School teacher accused of sexual assault on a child

MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- A former teacher at Manitou Springs High School is accused of sexual assault on a child that allegedly happened in the 2015-2016 school year.

Timothy Hilt, 35, was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault of a child by one in a position of trust, according to the Manitou Springs Police Department. Colorado Court records say Hilt was arrested on Nov. 19 in Routt County.

MSPD says detectives started investigating after getting the report in June of this year. The alleged assault happened at some point in the 2015-2016 school year, but it's not clear if the incident happened on school grounds. Information about the assault wasn't made immediately available.

Hilt resigned from the Manitou Springs School District in 2016. In addition to being a teacher, Hilt was also listed as an advisor for the Manitou Springs High School newspaper, The Prospector.

The Colorado Department of Education records indicate that Hilt's professional teacher license expired in 2019.

MSPD says Hilt was released on bond and is expected to be in court on Dec. 6.

This is a developing story, we're working on getting more information. Check back for updates.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Andrew McMillan

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KRDO NewsChannel 13 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.