Skip to Content

Crews put out overnight grass fire in southeast Colorado Springs

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- Colorado Springs Fire Department extinguished an overnight grass fire after a homeless camp fire got out of control.

Tuesday, crews received a call at around 12 a.m. that a fire had sparked in the area of Janitell Road and East Las Vegas Street, southeast of Rocky Top Resources.

Firefighters told KRDO that a homeless camp fire got a little out of hand in the area.

There is no word on how big the flames got but the fire was shortly put out.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Article Topic Follows: Top Stories

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KRDO NewsChannel 13 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content