Skip to Content

280 Ft. Carson soldiers return home Friday morning

280 Fort Carson soldiers returned home to their families Friday morning.

The ceremony happened at around 5 a.m. at the Special Events Center.

KRDO NewsChannel 13 spoke to the Quinones family that was waiting for Chief Warrant Officer Louis Quinones.

Ana and her two daughters, Priscilla, 12, and Veronica, 7, had been waiting since 1 a.m.

She said they wanted to make sure they had the best spot to see their loved one return home.

Quinones has been deployed to Afghanistan for the past nine months.

The family said he missed Thanksgiving, but they are so happy to have him home in time for Christmas and New Year’s Day.

The Quinones family said now that they are back together, they are looking forward to the big surprise of getting to go to Disneyland together.

Quinones is part of the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division. He said he is happy to be back home with his family and see his fellow soldiers back home safe as well.

About 3,000 soldiers total are expected back home to the Mountain Post.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

KRDO News

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KRDO NewsChannel 13 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.